Key features to ask for before buying ECG Monitors
A device of medical equipment known as an ECG or EKG monitor tracks, measures, and records the electrical signals of the heart and usually digitally displays or prints the results on paper. This very routine and painless test aids in the early detection of any possible heart-related illnesses and keeps track of the general condition of the heart.
Here are a few features to look for and questions to ask before buying an ECG Monitor
The ECG monitor you select depends on the signs and possible heart issues. To decide on the number of electrodes to use or the sort of machine to purchase, etc., it is crucial to understand the primary goal.
- Check to see if the ECG machine has many channels or if it records all 12 of the typical leads at once. The system should ideally be able to print the ECG waveform constantly for at least three leads without manually switching between them.
- Depending on whether the convenience of visibility or compactness is more important to you, you can select the best screen size.
- To record ECG waveforms for future access, transmission, or printing, confirm that the device’s internal storage is capable of doing so.
- A printer is included, right? Graph sheets and regular sheets are both offered if the answer is yes. How quickly can prints be made? Typically, it should include recorders with typical chart speeds of 5, 10, 25, and 50 mm/sec as well as sensitivity levels of minimum 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mm/mV.
- It should be equipped with a suitable digital interface to enable communication with other equipment such as PCs, LANs, hospital systems for managing information, and wireless networking possibilities.
- Within no more than fifteen seconds, the device should reach its maximum charge. The option for the ECG to operate on battery power should be available in case line power is cut off, allowing uninterrupted interpretation and reporting.
- Does it have a visible or audible alarm for heart rate, arrhythmia, etc.?
Make sure you check the above features before purchasing your choice. One of India’s most reputable and reliable medical equipment retailers, K R Lynch &co., sells the best-selling ECG monitors as well as other medical appliances.